Saturday, September 18, 2010

Structure of Arguments

I picked number 2 for the structure of arguments.1. I'm on my way to school. 2.I left five minutes late. 3.Traffic is heavy. 4.Therefore, I'll be late for class. So I might as well stop and get breakfast.
Argument: yes
Conclusion: So I might as well stop and get breakfast.
Additional premises needed: Yes, The person does not state why they are even running late in the first place. They also don't mention whether it is a accident on the freeway that's why there is traffic or if it just always like that.
Identify any subargument: That the person thinks they could go get breakfast because they are already late.
Good argument: its a good argument but it is not strong.
The exercise was a little useful to me. Even after I finished it I still find some things kind of hard to get. This is one thing that I am going to have to really work on to be able to really understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment