Friday, October 22, 2010

Usefulness of 1st or 2nd Assignment

I found both assignments useful.  I really found the first assignment useful. I found it useful because it made us really have to understand claims. It also made us understand what a strong and valid claim was or was not. If you did not understand it you had a hard time doing the assignment. It was useful when we had to find out what the main claim or the news article we picked was. That part showed whether you knew what a claim was or if you did not. Sometimes the reading just doesn't make you understand as well as putting it to the test and doing an assignment. It also helped to know what a valid and strong argument was. My particular part was to determine whether the claim was valid or strong. It was very useful because I had to know the criteria in determining that. So that meant that I had to already know what that was to be able to use it. This assignment was very useful to me. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that the two group assignments were very useful. I also agree that the first, as well as the second assignment helped us better understand claims and concepts. Because we have to fully understand the concept to do the actual assignment. I also agree that sometimes when you do the reading you don't understand the concept right away until you actually out it to use like in this assignment. Both group assignments were helpful especially when it came to better understanding the concepts we learned in the readings. So overall I agree that these two group assignments were helpful in understanding the various concepts we learned throughout the course.

    ReplyDelete